Shooting Range Rules
Fenelton Firearms Range Rules:
1. ALL shooters must sign the provided waiver form.
2. ALL shooters must have reviewed the safety rules for this range.
3. ALL shooters and observers must wear eye and ear protection at all times while in the range. NO EXCEPTIONS!
4. ALL firearms shall remain unloaded except on the firing line. Do not load magazines or firearms anywhere except at the firing line.
5. Firearms must be pointed downrange at all times.
6. No more than 2 people per lane, and only one person shooting at a time.
7. No drawing from a holster.
8. ALL shooters must listen to the range officers at all times
9. No one may cross the firing line for any reason at any time. If you dropped something in front of the firing line get a range employee to assist you.
10. Absolutely no alcohol or drug use. Anyone deemed by our employees to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to shoot. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
11. Do not bring a firearm with a malfunction or jam away from the firing line.
12. Contact a range employee for assistance with a jam or other malfunction.
13. Caliber restrictions: nothing larger than a .44 magnum. Rimfire and pistol caliber ammunition may be fired from long guns as long as it does not exceed .44 magnum.
14. No incendiary, armor piercing, steel core, or tracer rounds allowed.
15. Shooters may only fire one firearm at a time.
16. No shooting across lanes, fire in your lane only.
17. Do not shoot the ceiling, walls, or trolley/track. Shoot downrange at YOUR backstop only. Keep targets at eye level to keep your shots at the backstop.
18. You may collect YOUR spent brass from YOUR shooting stall only.
19. You may not retrieve brass that is in front of the firing line.
20. Children must be 10 years of age or older and must be accompanied by an adult over 21 years of age at all times.
21. Parents and guardians are responsible for children at all times anywhere within the range facility.
22. Range personnel retain the right to dismiss anyone from the premises without refund observed handling firearms in an unsafe manner, not following the rules and regulations stated above, or suspected to be under the influence of controlled substances.
23. No shooting from the hip, shooters must use proper aiming techniques.
24. Do not disassemble or attempt to repair any rental guns, if there is an issue with a rental gun contact a range employee.
25. When ceasefire is called by a range employee stop firing, unload your firearm and leave the action open on the shooting bench and wait for further instruction from the range employee.
26. NO bump firing, binary triggers, or other products or techniques that mimic full-auto firing.
27. All firearms must be unloaded and cased when entering and exiting the premises. This does not apply to licensed concealed carry holders.
28. Do not place any live ammunition in the garbage or throw it on the range. Discard it into the ammo can in your respective bay.
29. No food, drinks, or tobacco use in the range.
30. Due to the fact that there is lead/lead dust present in the range we advise pregnant women from entering the range.
Basic Firearm Safety Rules:
1. TREAT EVERY GUN AS IF IT IS LOADED.
2. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER AND OUTSIDE OF THE TRIGGER GUARD UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE.
3. ALWAYS BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AS WELL AS WHAT IS BEHIND IT.
4. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FIREARM POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION AND THE MUZZLE POINTED AWAY FROM ANYTHING YOU DON’T WANT TO DESTROY.
5. ALWAYS WEAR HEARING AND EYE PROTECTION.
6. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE HOW TO OPERATE YOUR FIREARM SEEK INSTRUCTION FROM A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL.